Sunday, June 5, 2011

awesome photography editing freebies

I like to stalk photographers' blogs. I love to look at their pictures, check out their styles, and also stay up to date with what is going on in the world of photography. As much as I love taking pictures, I'm still really new to photography, so I rely on blogs to help me learn and improve.

While reading (read: stalking) Elizabeth Halford's blog, I came across a post that pointed me to Isabelle Lafrance's blog and oh my goodness, it's like I'm a kid in a candy store. Isabelle has a page on her blog entitled "Freebies" and it is a fantabulous smorgasbord of awesome Photoshop freebie greatness! I got free actions. I got free textures. I got free frames. I am in HEAVEN!

My boyfriend's son had his school field day this past Friday, so I decided to try out some of my new Photoshop goodies on a few of my pictures.

Here is my "Before" picture:


Now after some texture/action/framing magic we get this:

I used the Midsummer texture first and then added the 1_2_3_pop action. After a little bit of tweaking, I pasted the picture in the Brown Paper Frame, and Voila! Awesomeness!

This is just the beginning. There are so many free textures and actions to play around with on Isabelle's website. I can't wait to try them all out!

Thank you, Isabelle for these wonderful freebies!

~*Christen*~

No comments:

Post a Comment