Thursday, June 2, 2011

to begin...

Hi! If you happened to stumble here on accident, my name is Christen and welcome to my blog. I'm a librarian who loves books, photography, crocheting, container gardening, bad 90s action movies, milkshakes, and Zumba!

Why am I the "inverted librarian", you ask? Well, because I'm always doing something, turning my life upside down and all around as I go crazy. Plus, I like to hang upside down from street signs. (True story.)

I'm currently a Young Adult Librarian in a public library in New Jersey. I'm in charge of programming and Collection Development for our 6th-12th grader patrons. I love my job and am OBSESSED with YA lit! (YAY HUNGER GAMES!!!!!) My library teens also love to make movies, so you should probably check out our YouTube page!

In 2009, I took part in Project 365. (If you want to see all of 2009's P365 pictures, you can check them out here!) During that year of picture taking I realized how much I love being behind the camera. On Christmas of 2009, my boyfriend, Dave, bought me a Canon Rebel XS DSLR. My obsession with photography has only increased since then. =) Feel free to check out my work on Flickr.

I also love to crochet, although this is a much newer hobby. I had ankle surgery in August of 2010 and was home recovering on the couch for almost two months. While home, my mom asked me to learn to crochet and make her a scarf. Well, I did it! And I now have my own Etsy shop to boot!

Please feel free to follow my blog of crazy random awesomeness! I'll be discussing librarianship and library issues, as well as crafts, container gardening, photography... and so much more!

Thanks for stopping by...

~*Christen*~







No comments:

Post a Comment