Friday, June 10, 2011

getting started: part 1

I have no idea how to grow a garden in containers. Seriously. No clue. I've bought a few books, checked out the internets, and talked to my gardener friends. After thinking and stressing for about a week I decided to just go, buy my supplies, and start gardening. After all, this is supposed to be a learning experience for me. How can I learn if I don't do?


My first stop was the garden center at Home Depot. Oh man. It was like Christmas shopping 2 days before Christmas. There were so. many. people. Between my confusion over what I actually wanted to buy and all of the people grabbing plants around me, I just sort of panicked and grabbed!

(I know it doesn't look like a lot of people from this picture, but trust me. There were LOTS of people!)

After ditching my cart and circling the plants several time, I walked away with these babies:

I got a cherry tomato plant, some sort of cucumber plant, a strawberry plant, and mint plant, and a green pepper plant. Aren't they beautiful?

And here they are on my (ugly!) balcony:


Welcome home, little plant babies!!


~*Christen*~

No comments:

Post a Comment