Friday, June 10, 2011

getting started: part 2

So now that I have these lovely new little plants, I needed to go out and buy some homes for them. I read that plastic containers work best for container gardens because they keep the soil moist longer so I decided to head off to Ikea to use a birthday gift card that I got from my boyfriend's parents for my birthday. I love color, so I wanted containers that were bright and fun! I ended up getting two pail containers and two big storage bins. Of course, none of them had drainage holes, so Dave whipped out the ol' hole making drill tool thingie to help me out!


(He looks thrilled that I'm taking his picture!)






After The Drill King hooked me up, his son, Tyler and I got to planting! Of course, I ran out of soil, but that's okay!




Check out my little container garden! I love it! Now I just have to make sure I don't kill everything...

~*Christen*~

No comments:

Post a Comment